Tuesday, April 07, 2009

13th Week: Let's Get This Over With!

(Late Post)

Monday. I'll be taking my Math 123.2 Final Exam. I was exempted on taking the exam but I wasn't satisfied with my grade so I planned on taking it. Once again, with the help of my Project Paper, I did well in the exam to the point that I think I aced it. I think I just improved my grade! I just had to visit his blog at some day to see our final grades.

After that, I finished our Math 162 worksheet. Finally! I don't want to tell you the problems I've undergone to finish that. What matters is that it's finished and I can submit it on time.

Yes, I thought the Math 162 Final Exam is too easy, since I once again, employed the powers of my now beloved Project Paper. But no, the grade that I want will simply disappear into thin air. I hope that the worksheet will do me favors.

This week is a very fast week. I spent my Wednesday and Thursday doing nothing. Yes, what remains is my problem set but I still did nothing. I was hopeless, I will be depending on our discussion group with my classmates to get this done.

I saw Sir Lope's (my Math 123.2 professor) blog where he posted our grades. To my surprise, I got a high grade. I did not expect that grade since even I got a 100% in our Final Exam. So I placed a comment on that entry. But I'll talk to him this coming Friday, either way. Also, I saw my grades on my Math 162 via CRS. Sadly, I got a low grade.

By Friday, I went first to Ma'am Vallejos. I asked for my standing. To my surprise, I got a very high grade. I knew taking that long Final Exam will be worth taking. We talked about my thesis topic. We even went to the Administration Office to look at some papers I think we need. On that day, my topic is now nailed and she even gave me some readings! I was so happy that I finally decided on what I wanted to do! We went back to her room, and saw Olga and Kai waiting outside. Kai almost cried when she saw her passing grade and I thought Olga was, too.

After I went out, I saw Olga, apparently waiting for her adviser. I told her that we go to Department of Linguistics at the College of Arts and Letters (CAL) to see if our Korean professor has submitted our grades in our Korean class. Indeed, he passed the grades and we were not satisfied (well, at least I was). But at least we passed. I thought there was a setback, that for every high grade I got, there corresponds a low one.

By noon, I went to Regina and Jan by the Statistics Library to study and have our discussion groups. But Regina still has an exam that afternoon so Jan and I decided to continue it while she is taking her exam. It turns out, I can easily answer everything! Well, except for that number 6. Regina and I even stayed at the Math Building to continue it but we apparently can't make it. So I decided to pass it on Saturday. Yes, Saturday, since I finished it on Saturday morning after a long, dry spell. I knew how to solve it, and I gave her some hints how to solve it (6 was one of our common answers to solve). She solved it as well so I decided to pick her answers up and pass our answers.

I forgot that Saturday is also our overnight stay at BJ's house for the "sem-planning" of Sanlakas Youth. Sadly, there were only 5 of us. So what happened is a re-orientation (actually, a more intensive orientation), some more talks on certain issues affecting the country and UP, and food fest. At least after that I felt that I am really part of the organization and I know now what to do.

No comments: