Tuesday, April 07, 2009

12th Week: It's All Worth It

(Late Post)

Starting this week, I stopped my usual Internet/social sites visit so that I can fully concentrate on my studies. Somehow, Facebook was an exemption since, I think, that's the only way that some people can connect to me.

I fully-employed the utility of my Project Paper. It has served me as my reviewer. This time, I wrote in there some formulas for my Math 162 exam. Guess what, I did that immediately after my Math 171 class which is just right before my exam! Yes, I obviously "failed" answering the exam. On the light side, I felt that I did here better that the previous exams. But I'm still afraid of my standing. I think I was turning into a grade-conscious freak, ain't I?

I told Ma'am Vallejos that I'll be taking the long Final Exam in Math 171. It's long since if we take that, our Midterm Exam will be disregarded and our grade in the Final Exam will serve as our grade in our Midterm Exam as well. I asked for my standing, and I wanted to take the risk. Yes, I passed the Midterm Exam but somehow I wasn't satisfied. Also, we're (or, I think, I'm) still struggling with my thesis topic.

By the way, this Tuesday was the end of the class for the semester, so I spent my Wednesday and Thursday doing my Math 162 and Math 171. I also used my notebook to rewrite my Math 171 notes. Up to this point, I'm still struggling with my Math 162 worksheet. So once again, I set that aside to pave way for my Math 171 review that I hope to ace. Friday is the start of the Exam Week, by the way.

So the day of reckoning came. I was sitting in the cold examination room, hoping that the Math 171 exam will be easy. Yes, I had struggles with computations but everything was answerable in my level. I was so happy I thought I can ace this. I think it's all worth it! Yosh!

I received a message that night, saying that there were some changes to our exam in Math 150.2 the following day. Gasp, I haven't reviewed that yet! I had absolutely no idea to answer the upcoming exams! But before I negatively react further, the message says that instead of an exam, we're going to solve problem sets instead due Tuesday and we will either have a lighter oral or seat-in exam depending on what we agree on that Saturday.

So another surprise came that Saturday. The oral/seat-in exam was scrapped! Yes! But the thing is, we're going to solve 4 out of 6 items in the problem set. The catch is? Six taken four is fifteen (if you don't understand this, this is just combinatorics) and we were 15 in class, I think, so we had to draw lots on what items to solve. Each paper has four items, and what I got contains the hardest item: number 6! But the good thing is that we can submit this by April 7 (at least for the undergraduates). But I said to myself that I want to pass this on the 3rd (the deadline for the graduates).

No comments: